WGI Promotes research and development of appropriate technologies, approaches and best practices in water resources management and its water associated natural resources. Our purpose of research is to utilize the existing technologies,ideas,to make them perform better in-order to transform communities and utilize resources. Our objectives include;
1.To improve the welfare of stake holders
3.Using existing technologies to come up with more innovative technologies that are effective
4.Allow technology transfer
Our activities are:
- Collecting and disseminating information on traditional practices in the management of water and associated natural resources and relate them to national policy on involvement of communities in Water Resource Management (WRM);
- Documentation of Rain Water Harvesting (RWH) best practices to promote learning and scaling up
- Compile information on climate change mitigation and adaptation policies and measures/ strategies and disseminate it.
- Conduct research on effects of climate (environmental) change on water and peoples’ livelihoods in East Africa.
- Carry out baseline survey on pollutants in water in East Africa.
- Holding multi-stakeholder meetings to discuss the baseline survey results
- Translate, publish and disseminate information on sound management of hazardous chemicals and environmental pollutants
- Carry out community company assessments